Friday, December 9, 2011

How amazing is my child?

So, I know I have to do a catch up post! It's been a crazy few weeks, with 9 days in LA (yuck!), 5 days with friends at a fabulous house for Thanksgiving (yay!), a whirlwind trip for James to Mexico City and me to NYC (ok, that's cool!), Grandma Crazy coming in for a strike babysitting visit, and 18 hour work days. Please expect highlights to come shortly.

But in the meantime, I must get this down before I forget:

Tonight, I had come back from work, late -- and it's Friday, so I'm not even supposed to be going in the office. But, needs must when the devil drives, eh? But it was one of those crazy days, where you are running from one thing to the next. And I was 20 minutes late for the nanny/girls, and therefore feeling pretty low about my abilities to be a competent caretaker/mother/employer of nanny. This led to a bit of a meltdown on the way out of the edit house. Kinda think people heard me mutter "rassa-frassa-rassa-frassa" under my breath.

Long and short of it: I was having an "is this even possible???" moment, though I hadn't uttered it aloud. And Indie could sense something was wrong. And she said, "Would you like a hug?" And when I went in for one, she gave me a big hug, then pulled back and looked me in the eyes and said, "Mommy, you are special. And you can do anything you want to do. Anything!"

Yep, that's what she said.

Thank you, my little love. That's just what I needed to hear. I don't know how you knew, but it was perfect. For a 3 year old, you are utterly, completely AMAZING.



No comments:

Post a Comment